As the Triangle Aquatic Center begins its fifth year of successful operations in 2012, we are very happy to report that attendance and support continues to grow. Community response to the first year-round public aquatic facility built in the Wake County in the last 2 decades has exceeded our expectations. Highlights and key statistics:
Donations and corporate sponsorships have always been an important component to these quality-of-life contributions. Private donations made it possible to construct the facility in 2007. TAC user fees, lane rentals and other facility revenue currently cover 75% of the facility costs. The remaining 25% continues to be supported through private donations and through the generosity of our corporate sponsors, who in turn reap the benefits of having a visible presence in the facility and on our website.
- Currently average over 35,000 guest visits per month
- Over 30 weekend swimming and water polo competitions annually
- Home to two local year-round USA Swim teams
- Home to 11 Wake County public high school swim teams
- Home to 3 private high school swim teams
- Home to 25 local businesses
- Employ 5 full time and 75 part time staff
- Generate $7.5M in direct visitor spending, per GRCVB during 2011; $25M total since 2008.
Please become a TAC sponsor and become part of something special in the community. Become part of a Mission to build public aquatic facilities throughout Wake County so that the entire community has access to the health, safety, recreation and competition benefits of swimming and aquatic programming. Please call 919.459.4045, send us an email at Sponsorships or talk with any Board members or staff to find out the many ways you can help Triangle Aquatic Center "Make a splash in the community."